Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Total: 1 hour
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and quartered
- Kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons (¾ stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 1½ pounds Tomme d'Auvergne, rind removed and cut into ½-inch cubes
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make it:
Put the potatoes in a medium pot and add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Add enough salt so that the water tastes salty, like the ocean, and bring a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes can be easily pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes. Drain.
Immediately pass the potatoes through a food mill or ricer and return them to the pot. Set the pot over low heat and stir in the garlic, butter, cream and about half of the cheese. Once the cheese has melted, stir in the remaining cheese. Continue stirring until the potatoes can be stretched with a spoon like melted mozzarella. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
-Jade, thanks for your contribution!
Design by Monsieur Graphic