Tarte aux fraises 🍓
The strawberries are back, it's time to sit down on the quays of the Seine and eat a strawberry pie or tartelette!
Total time: 60min
- Preparation time: 30min
- Baking time: 30min
- Serving : 6 pieces
For the pie dough:
250 g of flour
120 g soft butter
1 vanilla sugar
½ tsp. salt or fine salt
For the pastry cream:
50 cl of milk
120 g powdered sugar or caster sugar
4 egg yolks
40 g cornstarch
1 vanilla pod
For the garnish:
500 g strawberries
- Add the flour to a bowl, make a hole in it and add the sugar and salt.
- Add the butter to the center of the flour.
- Make another small hole in the center of the dough and break the egg into it.
- Form a ball, flatten it into a rectangle, wrap in cling film and let rest for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat the milk with a vanilla pod. Mix the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture turns white. Add the cornstarch and whisk. Add half of the hot milk to the mixture, while whisking.
- Add the mixture to the saucepan over low heat so as not to burn the bottom of the pan. Whisk until the cream thickens and boil for 40 seconds. Remove the vanilla bean and let cool.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface with a rolling pin.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (th.6). Cut a circle in the baking paper to the size of the pan and place it on the bottom.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool. Spread the pastry cream in the bottom of the pie. Cut the strawberries in half and place them on top of the cream. Brush the tart with fruit jelly or topping.
Design by Monsieur Graphic