(tout public / All audiences )
For Who ?
It is an official exam that assesses French language skills for anyone who needs to certify their level of French for personal, professional or academic reasons.
How is it composed?
This part is always mandatory
- Listening (29 questions)
- Proficiency in language structures (18 questions)
- Reading (29 questions)
Optional examinations - depends on your situation
- Speaking (12 minutes) - Mandatory to take for French citizenship
- Writing (60 minutes) - Mandatory to take for French citizenship AND for studies in France
Details about the exam
TCF Preparation Workshop
Have you registered for a TCF exam and would like some help preparing for it?
Join us for a 2-hour preparatory workshop, practice, and ask your questions to one of our examiners.
Next Session (s)
UPDATE COVID -19 : you can register for autumn and 2021 sessions but please be advised that we may need to cancel them depending on COVID-19 situation and reopening phases.
- April 30, 2021 - registration open
- June 11, 2021 - registration open
For TCF TP [ Tout Public/All Audiences ]:
Compulsory test only (Listening and Reading, including Proficiency in language structures) : $160
Oral : $140
Written : $140
The exam is organized on 1 Half day or 1 full day depending on the number of candidates registered for each section, as the speaking part is individual. It is not possible to change the time of your exam. There will probably be some waiting time between some of your
Please respect the schedule you receive as we are on a tight schedule and plan to arrive onsite 15 minutes before your first exam.
You will receive your official notification by email 1 week before the exam. Please check the email you use to register. Only the times on this notification must be taken into account, the information on your invoice is only informative.
Check our policies and FAQ prior to contacting us.
Feel free to contact us only if your question has not been addressed in your policies or FAQ or if you have not received your official notification 5 days before the exam date .
You are not registered to the exam until you have paid for it
- Log in (or create a new account) (top right corner of the webpage)
- Add to your cart the exam(s) you need to register to.
- Add "Shipping fee" if you want to receive your results by mail (click here to add the attestation shipping to your cart)
- You will receive an automated email asking for additional information. You are required to provide this information 30 days before the exam date otherwise your registration will be voided and registration fees will be lost, not refunded or transferred.
Design by Monsieur Graphic