Checkout or order again for another student.
DELF Junior A2
(Adolescents / teenagers)
For Who ?
The DELF Junior is aimed at teenagers 12-17 years old both foreign and French who wish to improve their competency in French.
What is expected from the candidate ?
A2: I can...
- carry out daily tasks -- such as going to the store, getting information, and taking public transit.
- use common forms of courtesy.
- recount a past event.
- understand a simple conversation.
- talk about my likes and dislikes.
- describe my daily life and what surrounds me -- such as hobbies, work, friends, family.
- understand a personal letter and respond -- to invite, to thank, to apologize.
- understand directions.
- create compound sentences with conjunctions -- such as "and", "but", "because".
How is it composed?
|Listening||A2: 4 exercises
||A2: 25 minutes
A2: Comprehension questionnaires dealing with several short recordings about every day life (played twice).
Maximum duration of recordings: 5 min
|📖||Reading||A2: 4 exercises
||A2: 30 minutes
A2: Comprehension questionnaires dealing with several written documents about every day life
|✍️||Writing||A2: 2 exercises
||A2: 45 minutes
|💬||Speaking||A2: 3 parts
||A2: 6-8 minutes / prep time: 10 minutes
Each part scores 25 points of a total of 100 points. To pass the exam, you must get 50/100 or 50%. The minimum mark required per test is 5/25.If you pass the exam, you will get a diploma valid for life.
The listening, reading and writing are group examinations held on one day or a half day.
The speaking part may be scheduled on a different day depending on examinators' availability and number off candidate. For the speaking part the candidate is alone with a jury of 2 examinators.
HOW to prepare for the DELF Junior / Scolaire
Official resources & grading explanations
Additional official ressources (listening)
Need some help to get ready? Book private classes with a great AFSF teacher and master the exam!
- March 22, 2022 - Registration deadline February 22, 2022
December 13, 2022 (group exam) but the speaking will likely be scheduled on December 9 or 15. - registration
Deadline November 5
Important : We require a valid AFSF membership to register for any DELF or DALF exam.
Not a member yet? Please start by purchasing a membership here.
Exam fees (for 2022): $145
The exam is organized on 1 half day or 1 full day depending on the number of candidates registered for each section, as the speaking part
is individual. It is not possible to change the time of your exam. There will probably be some waiting time between some of your
The speaking part may be scheduled on a different day depending on examinators' availability and number off candidate.
Please respect the schedule you receive as we are on a tight schedule and plan to arrive onsite 15 minutes before your first
You will receive your official notification by email 1 week before the exam. Please check the email you use to register. Only the times on this notification must be taken into account, the information on your invoice is only informative.
Check our policies and FAQ prior to contacting us.
Feel free to contact us only if your question has not been addressed in your policies or FAQ or if you have not received your official notification 5 days before the exam date .
1. Start by filling the mandatory registration form
Your registration is complete only IF we have receive both the registration form and the payment.
The deadline to register for an exam, make a payment and submit the form is 1 calendar month before the exam. We will NOT register you officially for the exam if the payment has not been made or if we don't have all the information required on time.
We have limited spots for each date and some exams fill quickly.
You will not be able to change or modify the registration after that date.
Be aware that the results are received about 3 months after the exam.
2. Proceed with the payment
You are not registered for the exam until you have paid for it
- Log in (or create a new account) (top right corner of the webpage)
- Add to your cart the exam(s) you need to register for.
- Add "Shipping fee" if you want to receive your results by mail (click here to add the attestation shipping to your cart)
- You are required to fill the registration form at least 30 days before the exam date otherwise your registration will be voided and registration fees will be lost, not refunded or transferred.
Checkout or order again for another student.
Design by Monsieur Graphic