Private and Semi-Private Classes
The Alliance Française provides both customized, private, one-on-one instruction and semi-private (up to 3 students) instruction in-person, or online, with fully-qualified native French teachers. Start at any time and benefit from flexible scheduling and personalized instruction.
You can take lessons at the Alliance Française, online or at your place (in San Francisco).
We require that you inform us 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel a class, otherwise the class will be charged.
When buying a 12h package, students receive a complimentary one-year AF basic membership with unlimited, free access to our library, our E-library (Culturethèque) and discounts on our cultural events.
You define with your teacher your own schedule for your French private lessons.
Depending on where the classes take place, at the Alliance Française, online, or at your home or your work place (in the City of San Francisco), different rates apply.
To ensure the best preparation for your Private Lessons, please communicate your specific requirements, needs and goals, and your availabilities to the Director of Education or to your instructor before the first class.
- What is the duration of a class?
- Private Lesson Advantages
- Custom Courses
- Request for new classes
- Renew or pay for classes
What is the duration of a class?
We recommend 1.5h hour per class.
1h class is possible only at the alliance or online when agreed with the teacher.
Outside of the alliance, the minimum is 1.5h duration.
Private Lesson Advantages
- Instruction available for adults, kids, and teens at all levels of proficiency
- Lessons may be taken one-on-one or in groups of two or three (coming together, with the same proficiency level)
- Lessons tailored to address an individual or group’s particular needs
- Flexible scheduling throughout the day or evening
- Lessons take place in our classrooms or offsite at your home/private office
- Online private tutoring
- Immersion courses
- Personalized exam preparation
- Conversation, grammar, reading, writing and business French
- Preparation for business or leisure trips to France or other francophone countries
- Preparation for the Advanced Placement test, college prep courses or the TCF, TEF, DELF/DALF
Trial classEvaluation and goal scope.
To schedule a trial class, please fill the form below "Request for Private classes" or contact us. Payment will be required once the class is scheduled with a teacher and before the trial class is held.
Our rates :
- Trial class (1 hour) at the Alliance or online : $74.
- Trial class (1h30) at the Alliance or online : $111.
- Trial class (1h30) at your home/office (*) : Contact us.
PackagesWe now offer a 12h package with special rate:
|Price for 12 hours||Private||
Semi-Private for two
(price per person)
Semi-Private for three
(price per person)
|At your home / office (*)||Contact us||Contact us||Contact us|
(*) For all new request for private courses offsite (at your home or workplace), courses will be offered between 8:00am and 5:00pm only, in order to facilitate coordination of classes.
Private class rates for kids are aligned with adults' rates.
Please note that classes for kids and teenagers are only available in our premises at this time.
We only offer private classes in San Francisco, please consider online classes if you live outside of the city.
Semi-private classes are for students coming together with the same proficiency level and same objectives.
A minimum purchase of 12 hours is required at the time of your registration.
A minimum of 24-hour notice is required to cancel a class. Otherwise, the entire duration of the missed class will be forfeited.
No refunds will be given for private classes, but the amount may be transferred upon agreement for group class partially or in totality (during the same calendar year).
The purchase of private classes are valid for one year starting from the date of payment.
Request for private classes
If you are requesting for the first time, please fill in the following form or give us a call so we can find the best teacher to fit your
needs and schedule before making a payment.
REGISTRATION FOR PRIVATE CLASSES INDICATES THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THE ALLIANCE FRANCAISE OF SAN FRANCISCO POLICY.
We accept cash, check, debit and credit cards for payments. You can subscribe online, by phone or at our reception desk.
Design by Monsieur Graphic