(tout public / All audiences )
For Who ?
The DALF C1 can be required to join some French Grandes Écoles. Furthermore, it constitutes an advantage for CampusFrance files, for scholarship applications, for Canadian immigration, and for access to some jobs.
What is expected from the candidate ?
- express myself fluently and spontaneously
- pull from a large vocabulary and can choose the appropriate expression to introduce my comments
- produce clear, well-structured discourse without hesitation and shows controlled use of structures
How is it composed?
Comprehension questionnaires dealing with recordings:
- a long recording (interview, lesson, conference...) approximately eight minutes long (played twice)
- several short radio broadcasts (newsflashes, surveys, adverts etc) (played once).
Maximum duration of recordings: 10 mins
Comprehension questionnaires dealing with a text of ideas (literacy or journalistic), 1,500 to 2,000 words long.
|✍️||Writing||2 hours and 30 minutes||
Two parts test:
- Summarize several written documents totalling approximately 1,000 words
- write an essay with supporting arguments on the documents contents.
|💬||Speaking||30 minutes / prep time : 1 hour||
Each part scores 25 points of a total of 100 points. To pass the exam, you must get 50/100 or 50%. The minimum mark required per test is 5/25.If you pass the exam, you will get a diploma valid for life.
The listening, reading and writing are group examinations held on one day or a half day.
The speaking part may be scheduled on a different day depending on examinators' availability and number off candidate. For the speaking part the candidate is alone with a jury of 2 examinators.
HOW to prepare for the DALF C1
Need some help to get ready? Book private classes with a great AFSF teacher and master the exam!
CAlenDar and Exam fees
It is not possible to change the time of your exam. There will probably be some waiting time between some of your
The speaking part may be scheduled on a different day depending on examinators' availability and number off candidate.
Please respect the schedule you receive as we are on a tight schedule and plan to arrive onsite 15 minutes before your first
You will receive your official notification by email 1 week before the exam. Please check the email you use to register. Only the times on this notification must be taken into account, the information on your invoice is only informative.
Check our policies and FAQ prior to contacting us.
Feel free to contact us only if your question has not been addressed in your policies or FAQ or if you have not received your official notification 5 days before the exam date .
Design by Monsieur Graphic