For who ?
Any individual, regardless of his or her nationality and native language (including French citizens and citizens of Francophone countries), who would like to initiate the process for permanent economic immigration or for Canadian citizenship through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). There are no exemptions for the TCF Canada.
The TCF Canada is a test that has been approved by IRCC.
How is it composed?
The TCF Canada consists of four mandatory parts. It evaluates general French language proficiency in listening comprehension, reading comprehension, speaking and writing.
- 39 multiple choice questions for listening comprehension;
- 39 multiple choice questions for the reading comprehension with only one correct answer possible;
- 3 speaking tasks, organized according to a progressively increasing level of difficulty;
- and 3 writing tasks, also with a progressively increasing level of difficulty.
The levels correspond to the benchmarks specified by the European Framework for Language Learning, Teaching and Evaluation as well as the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB).
You need to take all 4 exams.
The exam is organized on 1 Half day or 1 full day depending on the number of candidates, as the speaking part is individual. It is
not possible to change the time of your exam. There will probably be some waiting time between some of your examination parts.
Please respect the schedule you receive as we are on a tight schedule and plan to arrive onsite 15 minutes before your first exam .
How many points do I get with my results ?
For your information you can use the following document to better understand the equivalent between your TCF results and the NCLC score
and then depending on your situation, here is a great resource to show the equivalent of points you can expect :
For more information, please contact Canadian immigration services.
Details about the exam
Exam Dates for 2021
UPDATE COVID -19 : you can register for future sessions but please be advised that we may need to cancel them depending on
COVID-19 situation and reopening phases.
Registrations are closing 1 month before the exam on the exact date. It is not possible to enroll afterwards.
Space is very limited.
- January 22, 2021 - registration closed
- February 19, 2021 - registration open
- April 16, 2021 - registration open
- June 18, 2021 - registration open
Please respect the schedule you receive as we are on a tight schedule and plan to arrive onsite 15 minutes before your first exam.
You will receive your official notification by email 1 week before the exam. Please check the email you use to register. Only the times on this notification must be taken into account, the information on your invoice is only informative.
For TCF Canada.
Full exam only : $ 460
Check our :
Check our policies and FAQ prior to contacting us.
Feel free to contact us only if your question has not been addressed in your policies or FAQ or if you have not received your official notification 5 days before the exam date .
You are not registered to the exam until you have paid for it
- Log in (or create a new account) (top right corner of the webpage)
- Add to your cart the exam(s) you need to register to.
- Add "Shipping fee" if you want to receive your results by mail (click here to add the attestation shipping to your cart)
- You will receive an automated email asking for additional information. You are required to provide this information 30 days before the exam date otherwise your registration will be voided and registration fees will be lost, not refunded nor transferred.
Design by Monsieur Graphic