We have shifted our adult group classes to live online classes mid of March.
- As we are in the middle of a session of group classes, you can still join conversation classes and connect with new people!
- Next session of group classes will start on April 27th, enrollment will open about 10 days in advance.
- Students enrolled in the current session can take extra private lessons at a discounted rate (email sent on March 20th): packages of 2 or 4 hours are offered - to use before April 26th.
- Waiting for the next session of group classes to start? Take private lessons in the meantime and enjoy learning something new each class. We offer 12-hour packages, you can use these hours at your own pace during the 12 months after your purchase.
- If you are interested in private lessons but are not sure the format corresponds to what you need, take a 1-hour online trial class and let us know if you want to continue.
As a student of the AFSF, you can have access to the French online library Culturethèque.
Once you have created your account on Culturethèque, your access is limited to 48h.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to extend your free access to a year.
Learn French Online!
Want to learn French, but have a busy schedule?
Now Alliance Française de San Francisco provides you the opportunity to take online classes no matter where you are, from the comfort of your home or office and in your desired time, by choosing your preferred teacher.
In the Innovation Capital of the World, AFSF is using the new "Live Classroom Technology™" developed by KrowdLearn exclusively for language learning, you can easily collaborate with your teacher live either 1-on-1 or in a small group class, and learn just as if you're sitting in a classroom!
Online Group Classes
Would you like to learn French but can't come in-person to Alliance Française de San Francisco? Find it more enjoyable to
learn in a more collaborative group context?
All our group classes have been transferred online for this session.
If so, our Online Group Classes are the perfect option for you! You can collaborate with your teacher and engage with classmates in real-time like never before from your location through our "Live Classroom Technology". All you need to virtually sit in your live class is a computer with an Internet connection!
Alliance Française de San Francisco offers the following online group classes for language learners anywhere in the USA or Canada.
By taking an online class, Live Collaboration with your teacher and your classmates will offer a similar experience as a group class in a classroom.
Live Collaboration with your teacher will happen in an environment with live video and audio interaction, instant messaging and access to educational tools such as a Shared Notepad and learning materials. These tools are crucial in creating a quality educational environment for our students.
WHAT TO DO TO ATTEND AN ONLINE CLASS ON KROWDLEARN
Krowdlearn is like Zoom or Skype, with integrated tools for teachers to make the class interactive and closer to an onsite classroom experience! Learn more about Krowdlearn here.
- The class will take place at the scheduled day and time via the e-learning platform Krowdlearn.
Your instructor will provide a link a few minutes before the start of class, which you will see on Krowdlearn and
Apolearn. You will also receive an email notification.
- You will need to click on the link provided in order to access the video conference – or “enter the virtual classroom.” No application or software is necessary to install. The video will open in your internet browser.
- Do not activate your own video and microphone when you enter the classroom, as this will affect the quality of the conference. You only need to view and listen.
- You will be able to ask questions when prompted by the instructor, either by speaking, or by using a messaging board connected to the video conference.
- Please wear headphones for best quality.
- The instructor will use the video to lead the class, including sharing their screen to guide you through the lesson. The teacher will be able to record the class and to send the video to students after the class.
WHAT TO DO TO STUDY ON APOLEARN E-PLATFORM.
Apolearn is a platform where you will be able to discuss with your teacher and your classmates and where you teacher can share
videos, material, homework assignment and documents.
We also have a group for all our students to share news, language learning tips and ressources.
- You will need to click on the link provided in an email from the AFSF in order to access the platform. No application or software is necessary to install.
- Then follow the announcements from your teacher every week.
- Every week, we will release the content for your lesson and homework. You can study at your own pace during the week.
- The content, your results, and the platform access will be available for free until the end of the session 2 (April 26, 2020).
If you are in a beginner, Intermediate or advanced level and using the textbook Saison 1, 2 or 3 in the class.
We have been working hard to add all the exercises from you saison exercise book on the platform, as well as some additional material to
help you. Most of the exercises will be auto corrective.
Your teacher and our team will follow your progress on this platform to support your learning in a more customized way!
*** If your course requires a book Saison, note that the format of your course will change as the following:
- 1h30 of live online class with your teacher and classmates (you will receive a link by email from your teacher to join the online classroom)
- Auto-corrective practice on Apolearn, our exercise platform
Online Private Classes
Can't make it in-person to AFSF? Have a tight schedule? Travelling? You can still get the full benefit of AFSF classes
online with our new "Live Classroom Technology"™.
WHEREVER you are and WHENEVER you want, personalized
1-on-1 online classes are available to you. Benefit from efficient online interaction with AFSF's native teachers who will
help you reach your language goals; whether it is an interview, an exam or practicing French conversation. The sessions are offered for all
levels from A1-C2 either as a Single Session or a 12-session package.
Your teacher will tailor your course based on your interests, which will structure the learning process so you can achieve your objectives seamlessly.
Whether your goal is to learn general French, get prepared to pass DELF or TCF, or even learn French for your future travel plans, your teacher will customize your course just for you.
If you are a returning student, book your Online Private Class here:
What do you need?
- Computer (Mac or PC) or phone with Internet connection
- Webcam (optional for group courses)
- Headphones / Earphones (like your smartphone's headphones! )(optional - provides a better experience)
- Microphone (optional for group courses - provides a better experience )
Free Trial Session (Technical Test)
If you have any questions about our Online Classes, or want to get more information or are unsure about how our online classes work, we
invite you to book a 15-minute "Free Trial Session". (This is not a French class trial)
How do I get to the class ?
- Please contact us before registering for private classes, so we can match you with a teacher.
- After registration, you will receive a confirmation E-mail with details about your class and some technical advice and sample videos.
- A few minutes before your class begins, your teacher will E-mail you the invitation link to your class. Just click the link and you will be placed in the live session!
Powered by KrowdLearn
Design by Monsieur Graphic