Beginner - Level 1
This level is designed for people who never had French lessons before.
Select your Beginner - Level 1 course (August 26 - October 20)
- On Monday mornings: 10:00am - 12:30pm
- On Monday evenings: 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- On Saturday mornings: 10:00am - 12:30pm
Traveling? Are you going to miss a class ? You can attend a make-up class during the same session. We recommend the make up
class to be taken on the same week of the missed class.
Starting later or missing classes without possibility do to a make-up ? We can offer a pro-rata for up to 2 (two) classes during the same session. Available only at the time of registration.
(*) No class on Labor Day (September 2). Options will be offered to make-up Monday classes.
Content - Beginner 1
In this course you will cover Units 0 to Unit 2, pp. 13 to 57.
Learn How To
* Greet someone
* Introduce yourself and/or others
* Communicate in class
* Ask for information
* Ask questions
* Describe accommodation
* Ask and provide information about accommodation
* Describe a person
Society & Culture
* French monuments
* French greetings and etiquette
* French cities and people
* Unusual homes in France and Switzerland
* French personalities
* Bastille Day
* Alphabet and numbers
* Nationalities and languages
* Personal traits
* Physical description
* Days and months
* Accommodation, rooms and amenities
* Verbs être, avoir, s’appeler, venir, aller
* Present tense ER verbs (parler, habiter)
* Gender and number of * nouns and adjectives
* Prepositions (à, en, au, aux)
* Negative form (ne…pas)
* Articles : Definite (le, la, les), Indefinite (un, une, des)
* Possessive adjectives
* Basic question forms
If our schedule doesn't work for you, or if you have a specific focus in mind, you might consider taking private classes.
Not available yet? Have a look at our calendar to find out when our next session is.
Design by Monsieur Graphic