Accès à la nationalité Française
For who ?
Persons wishing to acquire French nationality must attest to their level of spoken French. TCF ANF (Test de Connaissance du Français pour l’accès à la nationalité française) can be used to meet this requirement.
Your certificate of “TCF pour l’accès à la nationalité française” is only valid to complete a request for French nationality acquisition. You cannot use it for admission to a French university or to complete your request for emigration to Québec.
Minimum level required : B1
Exam Dates for 2021
UPDATE COVID -19 : you can register for future sessions but please be advised that we may need to cancel them depending on COVID-19 situation and reopening phases.
Registrations are closing 1 month before the exam on the exact date. It is not possible to enroll afterwards.
Space is very limited.
- March 5, 2021 - registration closed
- May 7, 2021 - registration open
- June 4, 2021 - registration open
TCF Preparation Workshop
Have you registered for a TCF exam and would like some help preparing for it?
Join us for a 2-hour preparatory workshop, practice, and ask your questions to one of our examiners.
How is it composed?
The TCF ANF is now composed of 4 compulsory sections:
- 29 multiple choice questions for reading - 45 minutes
- 3 tasks for speaking - 30 minutes (10 minutes effective interaction)
- 29 multiple choice questions for listening - 25 minutes
3 tasks for writing - 30 minutes
Total duration 1h50 minutes.
However, The exam is programmed on 1 Half day or 1 full day depending on the number of candidates, as the speaking part is individual. It is not possible to change the time of your exam. There will probably be some waiting time between some of your examination parts.
Please respect the schedule you receive as we are on a tight schedule and plan to arrive onsite 15 minutes before your first exam .
How do the new test look like?
- Épreuve de compréhension orale
- Épreuve de compréhension écrite
- Épreuve d'expression orale
- Épreuve d'expression écrite
Details about the exam
How and when will I receive my OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION
You will receive your official notification by email 1 week before the exam. Please check the email you use
to register. Only the times on this notification must be taken into account, the information on your invoice is only informative.
Check our :
Check our policies and FAQ prior to contacting us.
Feel free to contact us only if your question has not been addressed in your policies or FAQ or if you have not received your official notification 5 days before the exam date .
For TCF ANF - New exam 2020
Full exam only : $460
You are not registered to the exam until you have paid for it
- Log in (or create a new account) (top right corner of the webpage)
- Add to your cart the exam(s) you need to register to.
- Add "Shipping fee" if you want to receive your results by mail (click here to add the attestation shipping to your cart)
- You will receive an automated email asking for additional information. You are required to provide this information 30 days before the exam date otherwise your registration will be voided and registration fees will be lost, not refunded or transferred.
How can I do if I want to take the exam sooner ?
Registrations for TCF ANF close several months in advance due to limited space and high demand, if you prefer to take the exam sooner you can take another TCF exam. In this case you will need to register for all parts (Compulsory test + Oral and Written examinations) to be valid for French nationality.
Are there other tests I can use for French Nationality ?
Yes, French Authorities also accept the following (if they confirm a level B1 minimum ) :
- TCF tout public (TCF TP) with all sections including Writing and speaking ; All sections must be taken during one same session
- TCF Québec with all sections including Writing and speaking ; All sections must be taken during one same session
- TCF Canada ;
- DELF B1, B2 ou du DALF C1, C2 (toutes déclinaisons). Not offered at AFSF
For more information check the official Foire Aux Questions (FAQ).(in French)
What is the difference between TCF TP and TCF ANF
The main difference between TCF TP and TCF ANF is that the written exam for TCF TP is longer and the multiple choice part includes grammar questions.
Design by Monsieur Graphic