Checkout or order again for another student.
(tout public / All audiences )
For Who ?
The DALF C1 can be required to join some French Grandes Écoles. Furthermore, it constitutes an advantage for CampusFrance files, for scholarship applications, for Canadian immigration, and for access to some jobs.
What is expected from the candidate ?
- express myself fluently and spontaneously
- pull from a large vocabulary and can choose the appropriate expression to introduce my comments
- produce clear, well-structured discourse without hesitation and shows controlled use of structures
How is it composed?
Comprehension questionnaires dealing with recordings:
- a long recording (interview, lesson, conference...) approximately eight minutes long (played twice)
- several short radio broadcasts (newsflashes, surveys, adverts etc) (played once).
Maximum duration of recordings: 10 mins
Comprehension questionnaires dealing with a text of ideas (literacy or journalistic), 1,500 to 2,000 words long.
|✍️||Writing||2 hours and 30 minutes||
Two parts test:
- Summarize several written documents totalling approximately 1,000 words
- write an essay with supporting arguments on the documents contents.
|💬||Speaking||30 minutes / prep time : 1 hour||
Each part scores 25 points of a total of 100 points. To pass the exam, you must get 50/100 or 50%. The minimum mark required per test is 5/25.If you pass the exam, you will get a diploma valid for life.
The listening, reading and writing are group examinations held on one day or a half day.
The speaking part may be scheduled on a different day depending on examinators' availability and number off candidate. For the speaking part the candidate is alone with a jury of 2 examinators.
HOW to prepare for the DALF C1
Official resources & grading explanations
Additional official ressources (listening)
Need some help to get ready? Book private classes with a great AFSF teacher and master the exam!
June 16, 2022 (group exam) and June 18 or 19 depending on examinators' availability (for speaking exam)- Registration deadline May 17, 2022
December 8, 2022 (group exam) and December 9 or 10 depending on examinators' availability (for speaking exam)- Registration deadline November 9, 2022
Important : We require a valid AFSF membership to register for any DELF or DALF exam.
Not a member yet? Please start by purchasing a membership here.
Exam fees (for 2022): $245
The exam is organized on 1 half day or 1 full day depending on the number of candidates registered for each section, as the speaking part
is individual. It is not possible to change the time of your exam. There will probably be some waiting time between some of your
The speaking part may be scheduled on a different day depending on examinators' availability and number off candidate.
Please respect the schedule you receive as we are on a tight schedule and plan to arrive onsite 15 minutes before your first
You will receive your official notification by email 1 week before the exam. Please check the email you use to register. Only the times on this notification must be taken into account, the information on your invoice is only informative.
Check our policies and FAQ prior to contacting us.
Feel free to contact us only if your question has not been addressed in your policies or FAQ or if you have not received your official notification 5 days before the exam date .
1. Start by filling the mandatory registration form
Your registration is complete only IF we have receive both the registration form and the payment.
The deadline to register for an exam, make a payment and submit the form is 1 calendar month before the exam. We will NOT register you Officially for the exam if the payment has not been made or if we don't have all the information required on time.
We have limited spots for each date and some exams fill quickly.
You will not be able to change or modify the registration after that date.
Be aware that the results are received about 3 months after the exam.
2. Proceed with the payment
You are not registered for the exam until you have paid for it
- Log in (or create a new account) (top right corner of the webpage)
- Add to your cart the exam(s) you need to register for.
- Add "Shipping fee" if you want to receive your results by mail (click here to add the attestation shipping to your cart)
- You are required to fill the registration form at least 30 days before the exam date otherwise your registration will be voided and registration fees will be lost, not refunded or transferred.
Checkout or order again for another student.
Design by Monsieur Graphic