Riz au Lait
A dessert that recalls childhood, "le riz au lait" is a comforting dessert that reminds us of good memories.
- 120g of round rice
- 75cl of whole milk
- 70g of sugar
- 20cl of liquid cream
- 1 stick of cinnamon 1 pinch of salt
- 1 vanilla bean
(for 4 people):
- To wash the rice, pour 1 litre of water with a pinch of salt into a pan and bring to a boil. Add the rice and cook for 3 minutes before draining.
- Pour the whole milk and the liquid cream in another pan.
- Scrape the inside of a vanilla bean and add it with the beans in the pan.
- Cut a cinnamon stick lengthwise and dip it with the rest. Bring to a boil.
- Add the rice and sugar.
- Let it cook in low heat for about 30 to 40 minutes stirring from time to time.
- Stop cooking when the rice is well cooked and there is some milk left in the pan.
Similar recipe in French here on Marmiton.org.
Design by Monsieur Graphic