La soupe à l'oignon 🧅
As this week's theme of Paris as a Local, let's discover together how to prepare the famous French onion soup.
- Total time: 80min
- Preparation time: 20min
- Baking time: 60min
- Serving : 4- 6 pieces
6 large red or yellow onions
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon sugar
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8 slices French bread or baguette
- Peel and thinly slice the onions from root to stem.
- Begin caramelizing the onions with olive oil and butter about 15/20min
- Sprinkle with the sugar, finish caramelizing, and add garlic
- Deglaze the pot with vermouth or wine
- Add the stock, bay leaves, and thyme
- Put bread in the oven and toast until lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn the toasts over and sprinkle with the grated Gruyere cheese and Parmesan.
BON APPÉTIT !
Design by Monsieur Graphic