Discover the recipe for madeleines, delicious cakes to share for a snack!
- 50g of milk (0.11lb)
- 2 tablespoons of orange blossom
- 8g of baking powder (0.018lb)
- 200g of flour (0.441lb)
- 150g of sugar (0.331lb)
- 3 eggs
- 100g of melted butter (0.22lb)
How to cook madeleines?
1. Preheat the oven to 240°C (464°F).
2. Mix the eggs and sugar until the mixture turns white.
3. Add orange blossom and 50g of milk.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, melted butter, and the rest of the milk. Let rest 15min.
5. Butter the madeleine molds and pour the mixture into them (but not to the top because the madeleines will swell!)
6. Put in the oven at 240°C (464°F), then lower the temperature to 200°C (392°F) after 5 minutes and leave for another 10 minutes.
Did you know that? According to the legend, the madeleine was created in 1755 in the castle of Commercy. King Stanislas of Poland received Voltaire and Madame de Châtelet there. For the occasion, the king asked his cook, Madeleine, to make a new cake. She made cakes in the shape of a shell. King Stanislaus of Poland liked them so much that he sent a package to his daughter. She decided to name them Madeleine, in homage to the one who had created them.
Design by Monsieur Graphic