Community And Events Manager
Want to join a great team in an established non–profit organization ? The Alliance Française of San Francisco is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization incorporated in the State of California since 1889. Its mission is to promote knowledge and appreciation of the French language and Francophone cultures.
We are seeking an upbeat, creative, and detailed individual who wants to share its love for French language and Francophone Cultures !
Position Title: Community and Events Manager
Position type: Part-time 26h per week with opportunity to increase to Full time in January depending on performance (40h/week) - overtime not allowed
Start date ASAP
Hourly rate $18.5/h - non negotiable
One week of paid holiday per year
Possibility to work one day per week remotely and must be on days without events. Other days are required to be in person.
Part time schedule - 26h
Monday : 9-12pm
Tuesday 2:30- 8:30 pm - onsite
Thursday 2:00 - 8:00 pm - onsite
Friday 9-12pm or 2 -8pm monthly friday evenings for art nights
Full time Schedule
Monday -Wednesday - Friday : 9 am - 5 pm
Tuesday 12:30- 8:30 pm
Thursday 12:00 - 8:00 pm
Exceptional evenings depending on event calendar, monthly friday evenings for art nights
One saturday each month - to be scheduled in advance
Possibility to work from home 1 day per week but the other days are required to be onsite.
The Alliance Francaise of San Francisco is seeking a full time Community and Events Manager to lead its communications and events production efforts.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
The Community and Events Manager expands the community's awareness of the Alliance Francaise of San Francisco (AFSF) :
- Partner on creating and executing a coordinated marketing, events and communications strategy.
- Communications Management
- Community management
Types of projects include but are not limited to:
Booklets, brochures, posters, web content, blogs, press releases, and other marketing materials; course catalogs; newsletters; Fundraising collateral; Social media updates.
- Event management
Project duties include: Overseeing event management and planning from concept to execution, ensuring the plan is implemented on time and within budget; Creation of all visual elements and printed materials for the event; Artists’ coordination, Liaison to vendors and partners; Event PR; Coordinate, recruit, supervise and train event volunteers.
- Administrative Duties
- Bachelors in related field, master’s Degree preferred
- Fluent in English
- Intermediate in French - French classes will be expected to be taken with us, free of charge if the candidate is not fluent
- Prior experience in communication and marketing required
- Prior experience in Event management preferred
- Success in communications and outreach
- Excellent verbal and written communicator and presenter, creative thinker and team player
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong interest in the organization's mission
- Video editing skills preferred
- Experience managing website content
- High level of comfort with social media and online community building
- Experience planning and implementing special events
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com (cc firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 20, 2022.
Design by Monsieur Graphic