Why a celebration ?
2019 is a milestone in the history of the Alliance Française de San Francisco... our 130th anniversary! An anniversary we share with the famous Eiffel Tower!
The Alliance Francaise (AF) was founded originally in France in 1883 by prominent French citizens, including Louis Pasteur and Jules Verne, for the propagation of the French language and culture abroad.
Just six years later, in 1889, the Alliance Française de San Francisco (AFSF) was founded as a 501(c)(3)
Public Charity Nonprofit, and
was the first US affiliate.
To celebrate 130 years of work and community outreach in October 2019, the Alliance Française de San Francisco is launching a major program, called “Alliance Française de San Francisco 2019”, to better serve the San Franciscan community and to invest in education.
Our goal is to transform our premises into THE place where people want to gather, discover, and share their
love for the French language and Francophone cultures.
About the event :
French Buffet catered by La Bonne Cuisine
Cheese plates by Marin French Cheese
Charcuterie plates by Fabrique Delice
Dessert offered by One 65
Open Bar with wine, bubbles and beer - All guests must be 21+
6:15 - 7:00 : Gaelle Boudier will welcome you with jazzy notes
6:30-7:15 : National anthems and Welcome speeches
7:30 - 7:45 : Opera with Christopher Oglesby and Kseniia Barrad from the Adlers program
8:00 - 9:00 : Dance on the French rock from the 60's with Rue 66
Thursday October 17, 2019
from 6:00pm to 9:30pm
One Market Street, Landmark Building, 2nd floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
* Rincon Center Garage (on Spear, between Mission and Howard) (Valet & Self-park)
* 75 Howard street (Self-park)
Try your luck at winning one of the big prizes offered by our generous sponsors!
What about a one-week stay for 2 people with Club Med?
Or 2 return tickets to go to Paris or Tahiti with FrenchBee ?
Or a 2-night stay at the Park Central San Francisco Hotel (parking and breakfast included)?
We will have some nice packages for you to bid on!
- A $200-voucher from the French restaurant One65, A wine tasting with your friends (at Jessup Cellar, Wattle Creek Winery, or Maritime Wine Studio),
- A gift box offered by L'Atelier Cologne (with personalized engraving),
- A tour of the Grgich Hills Estate winery + a wine tasting for 4 + a magnum of wine,
- A gift set offered by L'Occitane en Provence,
- A 1-year subscription to a magazine (France-Amérique, France Today),
- A magazine subscription package: Courrier International + Geo + Paris-Match (from Express Mag),
- A ride in a sidecar for 2 people in San Francisco (Rides by me),
- 2 Hours of Rental Time for a Standup Paddleboard or Kayak (Sea Trek),
- A magnum of Silverado cabernet
More prizes to be announced soon!
Tickets will be available for purchase at the event.
Becoming a sponsor The AFSF wants to reaffirm its position as THE cultural and language
center of reference for French language
and to showcase Modern Francophone Culture in the City of San Francisco.
With your help, the Alliance Francaise of San Francisco 2019 will invest in:
- Modernization: renovating our facilities, upgrading our classrooms and.
High quality education: attracting and retaining top talents by raising teachers’ salaries, adding an experienced
member to our staff to develop and to update regularly the pedagogical content of courses, and offering professional development training.
Technology innovation: bringing technology into the classroom and promoting its use.
Design by Monsieur Graphic